Selecting an Advisor
Selecting a financial advisor is one of the most important financial decisions you can make. We encourage you to follow the five Ps when making your choice:
- Preparation. In your search for an advisor, it is important to conduct some preliminary research to help guide your decision. In addition to educating yourself on some of the basics of investing, however, it is just as important to spend time reflecting on your personal style and objectives:
- What are you looking for in an advisor?
- Are you looking to be an active participant in the process, or are you willing to provide the advisor with control?
- Are there certain beliefs you hold that need to be factored into your decision on whom to partner with?
At Moscaret Investment Advisory, we focus on managing money through the life events that affect you. An integral step in developing the relationship we have with any client is to spend the time necessary to get to know you on a more personal level. By gaining a better understanding of what drives you, we can provide a truly customized financial plan. With our goal-focused investing process, we can proactively make decisions based on what is in your best interest.
- Professionalism. As with any relationship, trust is at the forefront of the partnership you have with your financial advisor. After all, this person will have access to some of your most personal information.
Given that, it is important that you are comfortable with the style of your advisor. We feel it is imperative to hold initial meetings with all potential clients in order to present our investment views and find out more about what is important to them.
- Philosophy. Be sure to ask questions about the investment philosophy of any potential advisor. Is his or her style more conservative or aggressive? In choosing an advisor that is right for you, make sure your objectives are aligned.
Moscaret Investment Advisory chooses to be a boutique-sized practice so we can spend more time with our clients, getting to know them, and learning what drives them. We take into account not only your investment style, but also any other beliefs and values you may hold that may impact our recommendations. We feel this level of attention is what helps set us apart from other advisory firms.
- Performance. Although past performance cannot guarantee future results, analyzing performance results is another important aspect of selecting a financial advisor. Be aware that there are many considerations in determining overall performance.
- Professional Designations. Ask whether your advisor holds any specific designations. Different certifications represent advisor competence in a given area. Be sure the designations your advisor holds qualify him or her in the areas that are important to you.
At Moscaret Investment Advisory we encourage you to do your homework in order to become a more knowledgeable investor. We feel it is important for you to ask the right questions in order to find the perfect advisor for your needs.
We are always available to address any questions or concerns you may have, so please contact us at any time to learn more about what we feel separates us from the rest.